Week 6 assignment ($35) Sir-Excellence only
In an article from Beckman (2001) states,“Improved student learning requires teachers, schools, and districts to give up unproductive traditions and beliefs, replacing them with validated practices and a full understanding of the intent of the law. Successful student access to the general education curriculum is most likely when there is general acceptance” of best practices in special education and adherence to Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
You are a special education teacher and your principal is concerned about the general education teachers being aware of special education laws and strategies for supporting students with disabilities in the general education classroom. With this in mind, the principal has asked you to put together an in-service presentation for the next faculty meeting (with mostly general education teachers) that reviews important components of special education, the law, and research-based strategies for instruction and inclusion.
The presentation should address the following components:
- Overview of IDEA, least restrictive environment (LRE), and free and appropriate public education (FAPE)
- Describe the purpose and main components of an individualized education program (IEP)
- Describe accommodations and modifications that could support students with disabilities in the classroom
- Compare and contrast learning disabilities (LD) and emotional/behavioral disabilities (EBD)
- Compare and contrast LD and intellectual disabilities (ID)
- Compare and contrast EBD and ID
- Inclusion tips for each of the disability areas above (LD, EBD, ID)
The presentation should be 15 to 20 slides, not including title and reference slides. The presentation should have a professional appearance and provide images and other visuals to engage the audience. Further, each slide should include slide notes that elaborate on the content of the presentation slide. APA format should be used for all in-text citations and references. Utilize at least two scholarly sources in addition to your course text.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.