This Assignment will require you to look at four conditions: respiratory acidosis, respiratory alkalosis, metabolic acidosis and metabolic alkalosis.
The normal pH range for systemic arterial blood is between 7.35 and 7.45. Any levels that drop below a pH of 7.35 is a condition known as acidosis. Any levels that rise above a pH of 7.45 is known as alkalosis. Acidosis can depress the central nervous system, which if severe enough, can lead to death. Alkalosis can overly excite the central nervous system causing muscle spasms, convulsions, and even death. Either end of the spectrum can result in an unwanted outcome. This Assignment will require you to look at four conditions: respiratory acidosis, respiratory alkalosis, metabolic acidosis and metabolic alkalosis.
Make sure to review the Unit 7 Assignment scoring guide located in Doc Sharing to ensure that your paper includes all project requirements. Research each topic in detail and include the following:
- Define each condition by including the levels of PCO2 or HCO3- and the pH levels.
- Identify at least three or more common causes for each condition.
- Describe the compensatory mechanism for each condition in detail; include whether the kidneys or lungs assist.
- Describe treatment mechanisms for each condition when the regular compensatory mechanisms are not working well.
- Describe how older age may compromise the acid-base balance processes. Be sure to include any changes associated with the kidneys and the lungs
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.