War and Peace” DB
“War and Peace” Please respond to the following:
- Based on the lecture and Webtext materials, address the following:
- Identify and discuss a specific event in the U.S. where social upheaval occurred.
- Analyze specific reasons why developed nations do not experience the same kinds of social upheaval.
- Discuss substantive ways in which armed conflict can contribute to or distract a developing economy and infrastructure.
- Note: Please discuss all issues in a sensitive and respectful manner. When discussing a developing country, focus on the country you will use for Assignment 1 next week. Cite your sources. Include one source outside the webtext or lecture.
1968 was a year of social upheaval in the U.S. Consider these events and others as you respond to the discussion question this week.
- The Tet Offensive was a surprise military action launched by North Vietnam in January 1968 against South Vietnam and allied U.S. forces.
- The Johnson administration’s poor handling of this event and lack of honesty in addressing the American public gave momentum to the anti-war movement.
- Both Martin Luther King Jr. and Democratic presidential candidate Robert Kennedy were assassinated in the spring of 1968.
- Also in the spring of 1968, student activists organized campus protests, rallies, sit-ins, and marches, culminating in the largest student strike in U.S. history on April 26.
- The Democratic National Convention was disrupted by anti-war demonstrations.
Source: Boundless. “1968: The Year of Upheaval.” Boundless U.S. History. Boundless, 21 Jul. 2015. Retrieved 20 Oct. 2015 from https://www.boundless.com/u-s-history/textbooks/boundless-u-s-history-textbook/the-sixties-1960-1969-29/the-johnson-administration-223/1968-the-year-of-upheaval-1256-8803/
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.