Data Analytics and Information Governance C257 Task 2
Competency 730.2.2: Data Quality Assessment and Integrity – The graduate applies key concepts and skills related to data quality and integrity and maintains health informatics standards and organizational policies in healthcare organizations.
Health informatics professionals are responsible for promoting and maintaining data quality standards. As organizations continue to adopt information systems for managing health information, the implementation of standardized clinical vocabularies and terminologies will change how health information is exchanged across the continuum. In this task, you will locate three journal articles that discuss how the use of standardized clinical vocabularies and terminologies will support data quality requirements for the health record and success of health information exchange among organizations and within geographic regions.
A. Create an annotated bibliography of three journal articles that meet the following requirement:
• Journal articles must be from scholarly, professional journals. This includes professional journals from the medical field, allied health professions, information technology, and healthcare informatics.
B. Discuss in your annotated bibliography (suggested length of two paragraphs per article) how the articles you selected address data quality.
Suggested data quality topics may include but are not limited to the following:
• How data quality is improved by the use of standardized terminologies
• How data quality requirements may be included in organizational policies or processes
• How clinical documentation improvement and data quality are related
• How data quality is important to a nationwide health information network (NwHIN) or large health information exchanges.
• Why data quality is critical to gathering statistical data (such as for public health reports, disease registries, or other large-scale needs)
• Why data quality is important to reporting for Meaningful Use
C. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: When bulleted points are present in the task prompt, the level of detail or support called for in the rubric refers to those bulleted points.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the General Instructions section
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.