For this assignment, complete the following:
- It is important that you are familiar with the different terms used for the practice of counseling in your state. For example, most mental health counselors obtain licenses; school counselors may be licensed or credentialed—depending on the state. Some states maintain different levels of practice for addiction counselors, including certificates, credentials, and licenses. To begin this assignment, please clearly define these three terms in your own words: license, credential, and certificate.
- Next, review again the state laws and regulations relating to the practice of counseling for your specialization. Within these regulations, locate the specific areas relating to:
- Internship requirements (this may include the fieldwork internship you complete during your degree program as well as any post-degree internship hours that you may need to collect).
- Supervision (who can function as a supervisor in your state and what are the requirements for being a supervisor).
- Licensing/certification (requirements and application process).
- Continuing education requirements for licensed/credentialed counselors (how many hours will you need and how often).
- Information about the grounds for suspension or revocation of a license (list 3 specific things that can get you into trouble in your state).
- As you discuss and summarize your state laws and regulations relating to these five areas of practice, please be sure include the specific legal codes. For example: the Ohio Revised Code (ORC) #4757-13 discusses the licensing of counselors. Your discussion should be written in your own words. We want to see that you understand these concepts well and can articulate them clearly on your own. In the last part of this section, articulate how these laws impact the licensing process and counseling professionals in general.
- Lastly, locate an article in a peer-reviewed, professional journal that discusses one of these areas of licensure/certification. In your own words, provide a brief description of the article and its relevance to your future work as a licensed professional.
**Connecticut** (state to be used for the assignment)
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]