Assignment 1: Financial Concepts
Your niece just started her college career with a major in economics. She is curious as to the interrelationship between the success of an economy and the financial markets, concepts, and financial institutions. Accordingly, she has developed a list of questions addressing these issues and has asked that you explain the ideas.
- What are the financial markets and what purposes do they serve?
- What are financial intermediaries? How do these intermediaries function in the economy?
- What is a federal government budget deficit? What is the national debt? How does a budget deficit affect the economy?
She is also curious about the time value of money concepts. Specifically, she has the following questions about these concepts:
- Why are consumers considered to be risk averse? What methods could used to deal with risk?
- It has been said that a dollar received today is worth more than a dollar received tomorrow. What does this mean and what is the significance to the economy?
- What is the difference between the present value of a future sum of money and the future value of a present sum of money? What is the significance of these concepts to economics?
- If you deposited $1,000 in an account paying 6% interest compounded annually, how long would it take to double?
- Submit an 3-6 page paper in Microsoft Word format, to the W3: Assignment 1 Dropbox by Saturday, November 28, 2015, addressing the above-noted items.
- Create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation of 5-10 slides that summarizes your findings in your report. Post your presentation in the Assignment 1 Discussion Area by Saturday, November 28, 2015.
- Comment on at least two other presentations and identify the strengths and weaknesses of each.
Name your documents SU_ECO2072_W3_A1_LastName_FirstInitial.
All submissions must be original and all resources must be acknowledged.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]