Now that we have covered some of the basic concepts in managerial accounting, we might want talk a little about the final project so you can keep the objectives of the project in mind as you work through the next few chapters. For your final project due in Week 8, you will create a new/enhanced program proposal.
You may complete this as an individual or team exercise. You may complete any of the following formats:
- Submit a new program proposal (Possibly one that you and/or your firm is working on now or recently completed)
- Submit a proposal for capital equipment or a new position
- Submit a business proposal for a new business ( A new “start-up” venture that you or a group of people are contemplating)
Prepare a proposal using either the format provided in class or a format you would be required to use in your present company. The proposal can focus on cost savings or revenue-generating programs. I strongly suggest that you use a program that you have or plan to propose to the organization for which you work. It is much easier to work with actual figures than to make up a fictitious company and researching what the possible figures might be. The proposal should include (but is not limited to) the following information:
- Briefly describe the program and its relationship to the organizational mission.
- How will you price your product, what is the mark up.
- Discuss the return on investment.
- What are the Net Present Value and/or project’s Payback Period?
- If capital equipment is involved, is there a lease versus buy decision.
- Do you require new personnel, if so complete the appropriate form and submit a job description?
- How will you fund this new program?
- Create a 1 year budget for the program.
- If this is a new business, what is the legal structure and what method of accounting will you use and why.
This document should be no more than 10 pages. The cover sheet should include the type of proposal you are submitting, the name of your team members (if applicable) and their role in the project. Second page should be an executive summary giving a brief description of the project and any information you find pertinent (maximum 250 words).
Format is important, and you are expected to present the information in an attractive, professional manner. If your use references, please make sure they are cited either in the footnotes or at the end of the paper. A title page and a table of contents lends to the organization of the paper. The document must be double-spaced, and professionally prepared (i.e., using basic APA style and/or www.isiresearchsoft.com for bibliographic formatting resources) spell-checked, clearly organized, and clearly summarized, with accurate citations for all referenced work.
You may only use Microsoft Word or Excel to develop your paper; remember that you must show your calculations. Papers submitted in .pdf format are also acceptable.
If you include proprietary information from your organization, please mark your paper confidential to ensure that its contents will not be used as an example in future classes.
Lastly, please make sure that the project employs some form of financial statements, capital expenditure worksheets, and/or any other pertinent accounting support schedules that we will employ throughout this course. Every project that is submitted must have some numerical support and accounting schedules, not just a written analysis. We need to practice integrating both numbers in words in our analyses throughout the MBA program at BU.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]