Intercultural Activity Update and Outline
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Evaluate communication issues and trends of various cultures within the United States.
- Identify supplemental research that extends and enhances knowledge of cross-cultural interactions.
- Competency 2: Develop cultural self-awareness and other-culture awareness.
- Identify opportunities to observe cross-cultural interactions.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats and contexts.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
In Unit 10, you will submit your Intercultural Activity presentation. If you have not yet read the assignment requirements in Unit 10, do so at this time. A key part of the presentation includes respectfully observing people from cultures different from your own; depending on the venue, you may also find yourself interacting with people from different cultures. (If you choose to visit ethnic restaurants, do not critique the atmosphere or food. Instead focus on what you observe—the languages spoken, how patrons dress, and so on.) In addition, consider other domestic cultures such as jails, retirement homes, schools, military bases or installations, courtrooms, et cetera, where people from multiple cultures gather.
For this assignment, provide an update on your search for intercultural experiences and an outline of your proposed presentation thus far.
In your update, address the following questions:
- Which sites (physical locations) will you visit?
- When will you visit these sites (physical locations)?
- What types of information will you report on in your presentation? Include specific cultural patterns you expect to investigate.
- Whom will you interview informally to add perspective and context to your experiences? Include a list of at least six potential interview questions.
- What other ways will you gather information for your report?
- What types of experiences will comprise the presentation?
In your outline, organize how you plan to present the information you have gathered or plan to gather. List at least three sources using APA format that can be used to support your work.
Refer to the Intercultural Activity Update and Outline Scoring Guide as you develop this assignment.
- Written Communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Paper, resources, and citations are formatted according to APA style and formatting.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point.
Develop your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. Submit your document as an attachment in the assignment area.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click on the linked resources for helpful writing information.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]