ssignment 2: Discussion—Ensuring the Quality of a Financial Statement
Financial statement fraud is common these days. Phrases like “earnings management,” “cookie jar accounting,” and “accounting hocus-pocus” have entered our vocabulary. There have been innumerable instances of financial statement fraud perpetrated by many well-known companies over the years. These frauds not only result in a company’s financial loss but also damage the company’s reputation and brand and affect employee morale. In the role of a nonaccounting manager, you need to understand what your role is in the overall fair presentation of financial results.
In this assignment, you will recommend policies to avoid financial statement fraud and ensure the quality of financial statements.
- Use the online library resources and find at least three scholarly journal articles. These articles will help you identify what can go wrong with financial reporting and how this should be prevented.
- Comment on at least three potential problems in reporting accounting information, including a specific example of earnings management. Note that all examples should be about specific company fraud.
- Articulate specific policies with respect to the discussed problems that will provide assurance that the financial statement is free from fraud and can be relied upon.
By Saturday, January 9, 2016, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, January 13, 2016, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.