Memory and learning can be complex. Have you ever been surprised by the fact that you can remember a song…
Memory and learning can be complex. Have you ever been surprised by the fact that you can remember a song you learned years ago? Or have you struggled to remember a name you learned minutes ago? Consider the different challenges or successes you have experienced remembering information you need—for example, trying to recall names and faces, dates, computer passwords, or math equations.
There are many different ways that psychologists can understand how people learn and remember. Three conceptual approaches are the focus of this assessment: neurological, behavioral, and cognitive. The neurological approach focuses on the relationship between changes in neural function and brain structures and their interaction with the experience of memory. The behavioral approach focuses on the relationship between patterns of stimuli and how they are associated with observable behavior (for example, the names we speak when interacting with individuals, the passwords we type, et cetera). The cognitive approach focuses on the relationship between the content of our thinking and our ability to recall information.
In preparation for this assessment, research the relationship between learning, cognition, and memory, as well as the three conceptual approaches (neurological, behavioral, and cognitive).
For this assessment, complete the following:
- Describe one research question you would like to explore related to learning and memory.
- Choose two of the three conceptual approaches listed above. Compare and contrast how these approaches address your research question.
- Find three or four scholarly sources, such as peer-reviewed research articles or textbooks, that are related to this research question. Describe what you learned from these sources regarding your research question, and explain how this knowledge contributes to your understanding.
- Identify which conceptual approach best fits the approach of each of the authors of the scholarly sources.
- Describe the methods and measures used in each of the three conceptual approaches. Different approaches will measure memory or learning in different ways based on the conceptual approach. For example, the neurological approach would focus on physical changes in the brain, while the behavioral approach would focus on observable changes in behavior.
- Describe the practical impact reading these articles might have on your personal or professional life.
Strive to be as concise as possible and limit the length of your completed assessment to no more than 5–6 pages, excluding the title page and reference page. Support your statements and analyses with references and citations from at least three resources.
- Include a title page and a reference page.
- Use at least three resources.
- Follow APA format.
- Note: You may use the APA Paper Template linked in the Resources. This resource is not required.
- Use 12-point, Times New Roman font.
- Double-space your paper.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.