need expert in economic and IT, computer science
For this project you select a Fortune 500 company of your choice and assess performance data via the SEC website EDGAR; here are the minimal requirements:
- (PowerPoint ) Describe the company including their ticker symbol, fiscal year, major line(s) of business, history, financial projections for the future, and any affiliations currently existing. Good sources include Yahoo finance and EDGAR but you are free to use others as well.
- (Excel and PowerPoint) Using the 10-K reports create an Excel spreadsheet (label 2 to indicate the sheet corresponds to question 2) with a column for Fiscal Years (i.e. 2014, 2013, etc.), Fiscal Year Sales.
- (Excel and PowerPoint) Using the 10-Q reports create an Excel spreadsheet (label 3 to indicate the sheet corresponds to question 3) with a column for Quarters, (i.e. Q1-2015, Q2-2015, etc.) and Quarterly Sales. Complete a total of 40 quarters (10 years of data) with the last quarter of 2014 representing quarter 40. Since the 10-Q reports are not released for the 4th quarter of each year you will need to use the information from question 2 to derive 4th quarter data (e.g. if you find that for fiscal year 2012 ABC Inc. made 1.5 billion in sales and you calculate that the sum of quarters 1, 2, & 3 net income equals 1.2 billion, then it stands to reason that the 4th quarter net income must be 300 million).
- (Excel and PowerPoint) Using Excel’s scatterplot function, estimate a linear trend equations [Y = α + β t] for Sales. Plot the time series data on the X-axis (Quarters from lowest to highest) and the sales on the Y- Axis (in millions of dollars). In the graph make sure to show the trend line and regression metrics (equation & R-squared). Using the equation forecast Sales for Q= 41 (Q1-2015).
- (Excel and PowerPoint) Using Excel’s Data Analysis Regression function create a spreadsheet that provides the computer-generated statistical details (label 5 to indicate the sheet corresponds to question 5). The resulting coefficients should mirror those calculated in question 4 with the scatterplot. If they don’t then you may have reversed your dependent and independent variables so you will need to correct this before proceeding.
- (PowerPoint) Summarize and explain your forecasted and statistical results (i.e. R Square, Coefficients, T-stat, P-value, and the 95% confidence interval).
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]