There is a need for schools and teachers to connect with families of English language learners. To facilitate this collaborative spirit, educators must encourage parents of all cultures to become part of the school culture. First read the article, “How to Reach out to Parents of ELLs.” Think about what you would like parents to know as they partner with you in educating their child. What could parents share about their culture that would help the classroom teacher be more effective?
Design a series of three activities for parents and students at your school that honor and respect cultural diversity.
Your plan should include the following:
- Explain the purpose for each activity.
- Describe the target group you are addressing.
- Explain the activities.
- Describe the materials/resources needed to execute each activity.
- Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources (e.g., teacher resource books, journal articles, professional websites).
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Here are a couple of brief notes that aim to clarify the most common areas of confusion: First, this week’s paper is just that – a paper. Don’t get fooled by the name; it is not a PowerPoint presentation. You are writing a paper that includes three activities for the PARENTS and students that celebrate cultural diversity, help the parents engage in an exchange of cultural information with you the teacher (for the benefit of both), and encourage/train them on how to be more involved in their child’s education. Notice that the focus is on the parents. These shouldn’t be classroom activities that merely have the parents help with homework, they should be developed specifically to include the whole family. PLEASE READ THROUGH THE INSTRUCTOR’S GUIDANCE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
If you want some inspiration, look at how schools in Fairfax, VA are encouraging family involvement. Follow this link: Family Involvement Ideas.
Submitted by Biowizard90 on Thu, 2016-02-04 17:07
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]