Assignment 1: LASA 2 – Compliance Policies
You are going to develop a compliance policy covering the FMLA, ERISA and employee’s right to privacy for the Beta Technology compliance policy manual. Use the Argosy University online library resources and US government Web sites to research the FMLA, ERISA and employee privacy and locate the text of the applicable provisions.
Write the compliance manual sections, including the following:
- Summarize the main legal requirements related to the FMLA in no more than one page.
- Provide guidelines for employees to follow for requesting leave, including notice requirements, certification, benefits, and returning to work.
- Summarize the main points of ERISA in no more than a page.
- Explain the important amendments, including the following, in a paragraph each:
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act
- The Mental Health Parity Act
- The Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act
- Explain consequences of violations.
- Discuss the implications of the law for employee privacy.
Note: The discussion of privacy under ERISA is separate from other privacy issues covered in Part 3.
- Employee Privacy
- Explain Beta’s policy for privacy related to employee records, work areas and equipment, electronic monitoring and off-work activities.
- Use statutes, regulations, case law, and examples to explain the legal provisions.
- Be sure to use scholarly references and primary legal resources (the actual text of the law) to construct this policy.
Write a 6–8-page section of the compliance manual in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.doc.
By Monday, February 8, 2016, deliver your assignment to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox.
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria||
|Summarized the main legal requirements related to the FMLA, using statutes, regulations, case law, and examples.||
|Provided appropriate guidelines for the compliance manual for employees to follow when requesting leave, including notice requirements, certification, benefits, and returning to work.||
|Summarized the main points of ERISA, using statutes, regulations, case law, and examples to explain the legal provisions.||
|Explained the five amendments: COBRA, HIPAA, Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act, Mental Health Privacy Act, Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act.||
|Explained consequences of ERISA violations and discussed implications of the law for employee privacy under ERISA.||
|Organization (16 points)
Usage and mechanics (16 points)
APA elements (24 points)
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.