In this assignment students will take the role of the Vice President of Operations creating a mini-management plan that focuses on those aspects of the business related to planning and organizing. As Vice President of Operations, Joseph Jackson, the leader of Cyber Software, Inc., has asked you to help him solve his organizational problems. This mini-management plan is a professionally written document that will be given to Joseph Jackson.
In writing the plan, you should use the terminology learned in the course. Since Joe Jackson is quite knowledgeable, you are not defining terms using a dictionary, but instead you will explain and describe Management concepts and theories so that Joseph Jackson understands what you mean. For example, why the concepts, ideas, and theories are important to the business and how to implement the proposed plan. The plan is not one in which the Vice President of Operations tells Joseph Jackson that he should do this or do that, but rather one that is presented in an action-oriented manner. Students are expected to make connections between the facts of the case study and Management concepts, theories, and ideas presented in the course readings.
The mini-management plan will structure the entire company and will cover Joseph Jackson’s organization’s mission, vision, structure and culture.
Step 1: Review “How to Analyze a Case Study” under Week 3 Content.
Step 2: Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document. This mini-management plan should be presented in a professional manner using double-spacing for the text in the paragraphs. The final product should be between 9 to 10 pages in length-excluding the title page, any diagrams or exhibits, and references pages.
Step 3: Title page with your name, the course name, the date, and the instructor’s name.
Step 4: Since students are probably not familiar with writing a management plan, the following resources have been provided to assist in writing the plan.
- How to Write a Management Plan
- Management Plan Example
Step 5: In writing a case study, the writing is in the third person. What this means is that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person
Step 6: In writing this assignment, students are expected to support the reasoning using in-text citations and a reference list. If any material is used from a source, it must be cited and referenced. A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. View the sample APA paper under Week 1 content.
Step 7: In writing this assignment, students are expected to paraphrase and not use direct quotes. Learn to paraphrase by reviewing this link: https://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/QPA_paraphrase2.html
Step 8: In writing this assignment, students should use course materials and relevant external resources. *In this process, please use at least 4 course readings/materials and at least 3 outside materials/resources.
Step 9: Review the grading rubric for the assignment.
Step 10: Read critically and analyze the case study provided under Week 5 content. Note the key points in the case study.
Step 11: Create the introductory paragraph.
The introductory paragraph is the first paragraph of the paper, but is typically written after writing the body of the paper (Questions students responded to above). View this website to learn how to write an introductory paragraph: http://www.writing.ucsb.edu/faculty/donelan/intro.html
Step 12: Respond to the required elements of the assignment. Be clear and concise in the writing and make sure the questions are comprehensively answered.
- Provide a brief management history of Cyber Software, Inc.;
- Help Joe Jackson by proposing a new mission statement and vision statement that align with what Joseph Jackson now envisions for his company;
- Explain why the new mission statement and vision statement are appropriate for Cyber Software, Inc.;
- Discuss other aspects of the planning phase that impacts Cyber Software, Inc.;
- Create an organizational structure that aligns with the vision of Joseph Jackson
- Structure the entire company;
- Explain why the structure is the most appropriate structure for Cyber Software, Inc.;
- Discuss why other structures are not appropriate;
- Illustrate and discuss the new structure with an organizational chart with names, job titles, and direct reports. Be creative but make sure the jobs fit into the allotted budget;
- Create an organizational culture that aligns with the vision of Joseph Jackson and his new organization structure;
- Explain how the new organizational structure and culture affect the planning and organizing facet of Joe’s business and prevent future mishaps.
Step 13: Using the grading rubric as a comparison, read through the paper to ensure all required elements are presented.
Step 14: Proofread the paper for spelling and grammatical issues, and third person writing.
- Use the spell and grammar check in Word as a first measure;
- Have someone who has excellent English skills to proof the paper;
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]