Production, Unemployment, and Inflation
Submit a 4- to 5-page paper that addresses the following questions. Be sure to use references within the paper to support your answers. Show work for all calculations
- Suppose that in 2013, the economy produced 10 shirts at $20 each and 5 hamburgers at $5 each. In 2014, the economy produced 15 shirts at $21 each and 10 hamburgers at $6 each. What is the value of real GDP produced in 2014 using 2013 as the base year? What would be the growth in real GDP?
- Why is there unemployment even when the economy is at “full employment”? What are some “costs of unemployment”?
- Use the table below:
Year CPI 2008 100.0 2009 102.5 2010 106.0 2011 111.0
- What is the inflation rate from 2010 to 2011?
- Suppose that you have an income of $30,000 in 2008. How much would you need to be able to have the same standard of living in 2009?
- What are some of the problems with using the CPI as a measure of standard of living?
- Explain some limitations of using GDP as an indicator of standard of living (be sure to do some research on your own).
Use information from the modular background readings as well as any good-quality resource you can find. Make sure you cite all resources you use and provide a reference list at the end of your paper.
Length: 4–5 typed and double-spaced pages.
In addition to the overall quality, depth, grammar, and organization of the paper, the following will, in particular, be assessed:
1. The level of your understanding of the key concepts of the major macroeconomic indicators.
2. Some in-text references to modular background readings (APA formatting encouraged).
Upload your assignment to the Case 1 dropbox when completed.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]