SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services
1. Briefly explain one key advantage and one key disadvantage to using OLAP technology. In other words, what is a primary reason a business would want to use the technology and what is one of the primary limitations of the technology.
2. Explain the relationship between a Data Source and a Data Source View. to have more than one Data Source View for a given Data Source? Why or why not?
3. What is the purpose of a Subject Area Diagram and how does it relate to a Data Source View? Does it change anything in the underlying Data Source.
4. What is a Named Calculation? Does it apply at the table level or individual column?
5. Give an example of when it would make sense to define a Named Calculation. Could the transformation from the Named Calculation be done in the underlying Data Source instead? When would you choose one method over the other?
6. What is a Named Query used for? Does it apply at the table level or the individual column?
7. Give an example of when it would make sense to define a Named Query. What would be the advantage/disadvantage of providing this in the underlying database instead of defining it within your OLAP project?
8. Explain what a Dimension Hierarchy is used for. What happens if you have repeated values, like month names, in the hierarchy? How would you fix this to make them all unique?
9. The default usage for a measure is Sum. Explain cases where it would make sense to use “Count of Rows”, “Distinct Count” and “Maximum”.
10. What is the purpose of a Calculated Member? Provide an example of where this type of measure would be useful.
11. In many cases, defining a Named Calculation in the Data Source View or defining a Calculated Member in the cube will produce the same end result. Explain a situation where a Calculated Member would be necessary since it would not work in a Named Calculation.
12. If they underlying database for your project is changed to another vendor, for example, changing from SQL Server to Oracle or DB2, what impact does this have to your project including named calculations, named queries and calculated members.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.