Application: Intergroup Cognition and Emotions Theories
Two main theories detailing the complicated relationship between group identification and intergroup relations include the intergroup threat theory and the intergroup emotions theory. Each theory provides varying explanations as to when and why prejudiced behavior may occur. As you read about these theories, pay special attention to the role of emotion in each theory.
For this Application Assignment, select a current event depicting gender, race, age, sexual preference, or prejudice, and consider how the two theories listed above pertain to the current event you selected.
The assignment (5–7 pages)
- Select a current event that demonstrates gender, race, age, sexual preference, or prejudice.
- Explain how the inter group threat theory and the inter group emotions theory would interpret the event.
- Explain the key tenets of each theory as the foundation for inter group relationships as applied to the current event you selected.
- Explain the role of emotion in each theory and explain how it pertains to the current event you selected.
- Explain three ways to reduce inter group bias and prejudice with regard to the current event you selected.
- Be specific and use the current literature to support your response.
Remember to provide an APA formatted reference list for all resources used in this assignment. While you are encouraged to use supplemental resources in addition to any course resources listed for this week, be sure to use the weekly learning resources before finding supplemental ones.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]