Assignment 1: Discussion—Business Analytics and Informed Business Decisions Assignment 2: Integration of Technology
Assignment 1: Discussion—Business Analytics and Informed Business Decisions
Many times organizations will make decisions based upon what other organizations are doing at the time or based upon the latest business trend. Think about the dot-com bubble as businesses soared and perhaps were also part of the major bust. Many organizations felt that they needed to join the crowd and have an online presence, only to realize within a couple of years that the decisions were made in haste, which resulted in many companies filing for bankruptcy. This era also had some companies that did not follow the trend only to realize within a couple of years that they were losing out on a new market, such as the online trading industry. This is why doing some research in the beginning can really help organizations make decisions based upon what is truly good for the organization.
Using the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet, research ways of making informed decisions.
Respond to the following:
- Why do you think managers, or business decision makers, get caught up in following the crowd versus making decisions that are truly going to add value to the business? For example, some businesses may make decisions that drive only short-term gains at the cost of future growth. Can such a blind leap be a good thing for the business? Is it worth the risk?
- How can managers ensure that they are not following a trend but instead doing what is truly best for the organization?
- Have you seen your organization make trend mistakes? What were the mistakes? How could these mistakes have been avoided or improved upon?
- How do you think business can learn from the mistakes of others or business decision mistakes such as the dot-com era?
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Assignment 2: Integration of Technology
Over the years, technology has not only changed the way individuals utilize it but also how organizations utilize it. As each generation of technology improves and changes, the availability of technology in the field of business analytics also changes. Therefore, businesses need to do all they can to keep current with these trends and ensure their staff is current as well.
Using the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet, research the latest technology that is being utilized in the field of business analytics for data-driven decision making. Select at least 2 scholarly sources for use in this assignment.
Complete the following:
- Find and describe at least three technological components that are required for data-driven decision making. Be sure to explain how each component is relevant to business analytics.
- Describe how a company would implement each of these components of technology. Explain the purpose and how it would be utilized within the company. Explain any other considerations that should be taken into account.
Utilize at least 2 scholarly sources in support of your assertions.
Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources; display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Write a 2- 3 page report in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.