Policy Advocacy Presentation
Policy Advocacy Presentation
Select a health policy issue from the list below. Analyze the policy issue using the given criteria. Assume that you must advocate for or argue against the policy issue in front of a Congressional health committee.
Health Policy Issues
- Child Nutrition and Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Veterans Healthcare Programs
- Universal Health Insurance
- Aging and Chronic Care
- Controlling the Costs of Medicare or Medicaid
- Burden of Medicaid on State Budgets
- Special Disease Topics: Human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS), Cancer, or Alzheimer’s
Criteria for analyzing the policy issue
- Identify the committee that you will present your research in front of. Also include the names of the committee members.
- Research the policy issue using the most up to date sources.
- Include background information on the issue, facts, your proposal, and arguments (pros and cons).
- Be sure to address the political, financial, and economic issues related to the health policy.
Your research should provide answers to the following:
- Discuss the specifics of who will be eligible and who will be responsible for providing services.
- Discuss the impact of your proposal on recipients and providers of care. Include eligibility requirements for receiving benefits, application process, expected benefits, requirements for a provider to be eligible.
- Identify the specific government health programs and organizations that are involved and analyze their role in the policy.
- Examine budgetary issues such who will be responsible for funding: state, federal, or a combination of both.
- In your closing argument (conclusion slide), make a final plea to Congress in pushing your agenda forward. Your argument should be compelling and grounded in facts.
In a Microsoft Word document, create a 4- to 5-page report on your research on the policy issue.
Also, create a PowerPoint presentation consisting of 15–20 slides to be presented in front of a Congressional health committee.
Instructions for creating the presentation
- Each slide will have a brief explanation of not more than one or two paragraphs in the Notes section located below the slide.
- Graphics, audio, and video should be used sparingly. Sources for graphics are usually placed at the bottom of the graphic.
- Include a title slide in the presentation.
- Body of the presentation will include one or two slides for an introduction, the subtopics of the presentation, and a conclusion (one or two slides).
- Include a reference slide(s) in the presentation.
Note: Please add additional content in the Notes section.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]