Read and respond in a discussion post to the scenario below. Upon receiving your response document, your instructor will respond with feedback.
Case Study # 1: College Preparatory Program
A high school student with a significant learning disability and cognitive challenges wants to attend college preparatory programs. She is very upset and does not think that she is getting the services that were promised. Although the parents are also upset, they are concerned about the challenges this goal may present to their child. The special education teacher has contacted you for suggestions and assistance with the issue.
- How will you assist the teacher?
- What could you do to help the student face the realities of college preparatory programs?
- How could you utilize the awareness of the parents to assist you with this challenge?
Be sure to include the following in your response.
- An APA-format cover page.
- The response will be 3-5 paragraphs in length.
- Address all three questions.
- Include a minimum of 3 reference citations (you may use your text).
2) Field Experiences Option:
If you have chosen the field experience option, by this time, you should have obtained the appropriate permissions to visit local schools.
An Observation/Permission Format has been provided for you, if needed, on the Books and Resources page.
Once you have obtained permission to visit schools in your district, contact principals to plan your scheduled visits. Think about how you will document these visits or obtain the needed forms for this purpose. Remember that the interviews may also be conducted via electronic means.
Postsecondary Education Research Center Assignment:
One of the outcomes from passage of the 2008 Higher Education Opportunities Act was to encourage programs in which students with cognitive or developmental disabilities who are between the ages of 18 and 21 may experience their transition years of public school in postsecondary settings. To assess subsequent programming, a Research and Innovation project under the auspices of the Office of Special Education launched the Postsecondary Education Research Center (PERC) project. A 10-section Likert scale assessment instrument was developed as one aspect of the project.
Read the required on-line journal article for this week’s assignment for a description of this project and related on-line links. Access the assessment instrument at the following: PERC Postsecondary Program Evaluation Tool: A Self-Assessment for College and Community-Based Services.
- Select a transition program currently used by a district with which you are familiar that includes a post-secondary option.
- Analyze the program of your choice, using the PERC program evaluation tool.
- Prepare a transition services profile that includes the following:
- A description of the program being reviewed (use pseudonyms).
- Likert-scale ranking of the selected program in each of the 10 areas. (You are encouraged to download the actual instrument for this component of the assignment.)
- A summary of the results pertinent to the program being assessed that includes areas of strength, areas of improvement, and what PERC-based revisions you would recommend, if you were serving as a consultant to the district and had been asked to evaluate the program currently in place.
Be sure to include the following in your transition services exploration:
- An APA-format cover page.
- The paper will be 5-7 double-spaced pages in length, using 12-point Times New Roman font. The cover page and reference list are not included in this page count.
- Address all 3 components.
- Include a minimum of 5 reference citations (you may use your text).
Your finished program transition services exploration should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.