Geological Survey Earthquake Report
Go to the United States Geological Survey (USGS) daily earthquake list and note the day and time you looked up the required information. In the upper right-hand corner of the page, click the icon that looks like a wheel or gear. Under My Settings>Earthquakes, select 7 Days, All Magnitudes, Worldwide. Answer the following questions in complete sentences and paragraphs. Then adjust the Zoom to drop-down menu toWorld.
- How many earthquakes were over 6.0 throughout the week? How many earthquakes are between 4.5 and 6.0 over the week? Where was the largest earthquake located?
- What country outside the U.S. had the most earthquakes during this time? Provide details.
- Where was the most recent earthquake over 4.5? What magnitude was it? How deep was it? Is this considered shallow, intermediate, or deep? Explain the type of plate boundary it was near. Why are earthquakes common to this area?
- Where was the deepest earthquake during the week? Where was the shallowest? On what type of boundary were these earthquakes?
- Where was the most recent earthquake closest to your location? Include the name of the city and state in which you reside (or country, if outside of the U.S.). Was it associated with a boundary?
- Was there any relationship among the plate boundaries where the largest, most numerous, and deepest earthquakes occurred? Based on your knowledge of earthquakes, is this what you would have expected from that type of boundary(ies)? Explain your answer.
Your responses should demonstrate critical thinking. Provide justification for your analysis. Your paper should also meet the following requirements:
- Be 3-4 pages in length
- Cite 1-2 outside sources in APA Format
- Times New Romain 12 Point Font Double Spaced 0 additional space between paragraphs 1″ margins
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.