Assignment 1: Effective Negotiation Discussion/Assignment 2: LASA 1: Personal Power, Communication and Effective Persuasion
Assignment 1: Effective Negotiation Discussion
The purpose of this assignment is to help you identify your personal negotiating style and apply specific negotiation guidelines, the dos and don’ts, in your day-to-day interactions. Describe your personal negotiation style and share the insights and techniques that you have used to evaluate the outcome of a negotiation. Respond to the following questions:
- What do you see as the three most important dos and don’ts in an effective negotiation?
- How do these rules or guidelines help you to maintain your credibility with other individuals with whom you have negotiated in the past or will negotiate with in the future?
By Saturday, February 6, 2016 respond to the discussion question assigned by the faculty
Assignment 2: LASA 1: Personal Power, Communication and Effective Persuasion
The purpose of this assignment is for you to think about personal power type and how it can influence our ability to negotiate, communicate and persuade others during a negotiation.
In this assignment, you will write a research paper (5 pages) which will examine communication techniques, the use of power, and how the concepts of effective persuasion are applied to a specific situation.
Consider a scenario you have experienced or observed which involved a negotiation, persuasive techniques and balance of power. This could be a situation you experienced at work, home, school, shopping for a big ticket item or even negotiating at a yard sale or flea market. You may also choose a video clip found on the Internet which involves a negotiation as the basis for this assignment.
There is an example scenario in Lynda.com you may want to work with. If you are not currently signed into Lynda.com, use Lynda.com’s EDMC Login to sign in. Then click the following link to access the scenario: Negotiation Fundamentals, Negotiation scenario: Flex time (with Lisa Gates).
- Describe the scenario you are using as the basis for this assignment. The scenario must include elements of negotiation, persuasive techniques, and balance of power. If your selected scenario does not contain certain elements, then use what you have learned from your studies in this course, along with your research, to expand the scenario to include these elements. Provide a rationale for your choices. If you are using a video, please include the URL in your description.
- Describe what you believe to be the top three communication issues presented in the scenario. Explain your choices.
- Identify the sources of power used in the negotiation and explain whether the sources of power were perceived or real. Use examples to justify your response.
- Describe the relative balance of powers between the parties in the scenario.
- Assume you were the mediator in the chosen scenario and recommend strategies which might reduce the conflict between the parties.
- List and describe the top 5 factors you believe should be considered when building an effective negotiation strategy. Explain your rationale for choosing the factors you included.
- Discuss how persuasion differs from negotiation and describe how each was used in the scenario. Explain if persuasion or negotiation was more effective in the scenario. Justify your response.
Assignment 2 Grading CriteriaMaximum Points Described the scenario used as the basis for this assignment.12 Described three communication issues presented in the scenario.24 Identified the sources of power used in the negotiation and explained if the sources of power were perceived or real using examples to justify response.24 Described the relative power balance between the two parties.24 Recommended strategies for reducing conflict.24 Analyzed top 5 factors to be considered while building an effective negotiation strategy.24 Discussed how persuasion differs from negotiation and explained which was more effective in the scenario.24 Applied current APA standards for editorial style, expression of ideas, and format of text, citations, and references.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]