Current Issue Critical Thinking
Read the following excerpt from “Understanding Digital Kids (DKs): Technology & Learning in the New Digital Landscape,” an article regarding learning today:
Recently, there were two recent cover stories in Time Magazine: Their conclusion was that children today are different. In fact, based on what we now know from the neurosciences and psychological sciences, what we’re now beginning to understand is that children today are FUNDAMENTALLY different than we are in the way they think, in the way they access, absorb, interpret, process and use information, and in the way they view, interact, and communicate in the modern world because of their experiences with digital technologies. If this is the case, it holds profound implications for all of us personally and professionally (Jukes, 2008, p. 14).
Reflect on this selection and respond to the following questions:
- What are your thoughts on this statement?
- Do you feel today’s learner has a different way of learning than in the past? Defend your position.
- In your future role, how will you use this information?
- What implications does this have for your future role?
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your journal entries.
Language Development Interview
Much of the knowledge we gain comes from our learning and personal experiences. For this assignment, you will spend time talking with an experienced preschool teacher or, if you are currently a preschool teacher, you can answer the questions yourself. Your assignment is to select five questions regarding the support of language acquisition and language developmental stages in the classroom. Please review these possible questions that could guide your interview or you can create your own questions.
For this project, choose one of the following methods of completion:
- Identify five questions that you could ask someone with preschool experience about how they support language acquisition for the stages of development in the classroom. Document the interview. You can record the interview (with permission) or you can write your questions and answers.
- Analyze the provided answers using your knowledge gained, the textbook, and at least one other resource to substantiate or refute their answers. You can provide elaboration for or against their responses further strengthening your own understanding.
- Summarize and explain three ways you will meet the needs of children in this stage to support their language development using the provided answers and your knowledge.
- Identify five questions that you may be asked in a future interview regarding how you will support language acquisition for the stages of development in your future professional role. Document the interview. You can record a mock interview or you can write your questions/answers.
- Analyze your own answers using your knowledge gained and information from the textbook and at least one other resource to substantiate your writing.
- Summarize and explain three ways you will meet the needs of children in a developmental stage of your choice to support their language development using your knowledge of language acquisition.
The interview can be submitted as a video, an audio recording, or a Microsoft Word document (which would be two to three pages in length). You will also submit a one- to two-page Microsoft Word document (in addition to the title page and reference page) with your developmental level selected and elaboration of three ways you can meet the needs of the children in this developmental stage. Please support your ideas with information from the textbook and at least one other outside resource. Your paper must be written in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center, and include at least one scholarly resources in addition to the course text.
When you submit your assignments each week, they will be returned to you with specific feedback. This feedback should be used to revise the assignment for the Final Project. Please make the necessary corrections and save for Week Five use in the Final Project.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]