Introduction to Probability
By submitting this assignment, you affirm that it contains all original work, and that you are familiar with Trident University’s Academic Integrity policy in the Trident Policy Handbook. You affirm that you have not engaged in direct duplication, copy/pasting, sharing assignments, collaboration with others, contract cheating and/or obtaining answers online, paraphrasing, or submitting/facilitating the submission of prior work. Work found to be unoriginal and in violation of this policy is subject to consequences such as a failing grade on the assignment, a failing grade in the course, and/or elevated academic sanctions. You affirm that the assignment was completed individually, and all work presented is your own.
Problems need to include all required steps and answer(s) for full credit. All answers need to be reduced to lowest terms where possible.
Answer the following problems showing your work and explaining (or analyzing) your results.
- In a poll, respondents were asked if they have traveled to Europe. 68 respondents indicated that they have traveled to Europe and 124 respondents said that they have not traveled to Europe. If one of these respondents is randomly selected, what is the probability of getting someone who has traveled to Europe?
- The data set represents the income levels of the members of a golf club. Find the probability that a randomly selected member earns at least $100,000.
INCOME (in thousands of dollars)
98 102 83 140 201 96 74 109 163 210
81 104 134 158 128 107 87 79 91 121
- A poll was taken to determine the birthplace of a class of college students. Below is a chart of the results.
- What is the probability that a female student was born in Orlando?
- What is the probability that a male student was born in Miami?
- What is the probability that a student was born in Jacksonville?
|Gender||Number of students||Location of birth|
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]