Visit a website you access frequently (excluding social networking sites and search engines*) and write a one-page summary of the site that addresses the following topics:
- What is the URL of the site?
- What is the purpose of the site?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Do you think that the site reaches its intended audience? Why or why not?
- Is the site useful to you? Why or why not?
- Does the site appeal to you? Why or why not? Consider the use of color, images, multimedia, organization, and ease of navigation.
- Would you encourage others to visit the site? Why or why not?
- How could the site be improved?
Please write your summary in complete sentences, using single-spaced, 12-point font, and submit your Microsoft Word (.docx, .doc) document as an attachment via the File Upload tab.
*NOTE: Sites to avoid include, but are not limited to Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Bing, Canvas, and Reddit.
The content for this course is presented in a module format, and structured in a way that requires students to review and/or complete items sequentially. As a result, it is imperative that students access all course content through the Modules tab in the Canvas course menu. If, at any time, content displays as “locked”, please review the previous content in the corresponding module to make sure those items have been completed and/or reviewed as required. Additionally, failure to follow the instructions, including submission and formatting requirements, may result in the deduction of points. Please refer to the Saving and Submitting Assignments page in Canvas for specific requirements, and/or contact your instructor for additional information.