Which ancient culture do you think was the most important to Western civilization? What artform seems to be the most relevant to your understanding of art and aesthetics today?
Step 1–Research whichever of the ancient cultures you believe to be most important to Western civilization. Use the following information to research the ancient cultures of Egypt, Greece, or Rome. Find a specific example in the textbook or web resources to support your answer.
Step 2–Answer the following questions about the culture.
- What makes this culture the most important in terms of art?
- What specific example of art helps support your answer?
Step 3–Meet with the group of learners in class who chose the same culture. (Parker will help make this happen)
Step 4–Compare your answers with other learners’ answers in the same group. What did their answer help you understand about or better support your answers?
In addition to the textbook, the following resources on the web are available for reference.
Ancient Near East
- Uruk: The First City http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/uruk/hd_uruk.htm (Links to an external site.)
- The Akkadian Period (ca. 2350–2150 B.C.) http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/akka/hd_akka.htm (Links to an external site.)
- Assyria, 1365–609 B.C. http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/assy/hd_assy.htm (Links to an external site.)
- Egypt in the Old Kingdom (ca. 2649–2150 b.c.) http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/oking/hd_oking.htm (Links to an external site.)
- Egypt in the Middle Kingdom (2030–1640 b.c.) http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/mking/hd_mking.htm (Links to an external site.)
- Egypt in the New Kingdom (ca. 1550–1070 b.c.) http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/nking/hd_nking.htm (Links to an external site.)
- Greek Art in the Archaic Period http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/argk/hd_argk.htm (Links to an external site.)
- The Art of Classical Greece (ca. 480–323 b.c.) http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/tacg/hd_tacg.htm (Links to an external site.)
- Art of the Hellenistic Age and the Hellenistic Tradition http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/haht/hd_haht.htm (Links to an external site.)
- The Roman Republic http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/romr/hd_romr.htm (Links to an external site.)
- The Roman Empire (27 b.c.–393 a.d.) http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/roem/hd_roe
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.