Science discussion #1
Instructions: Florida Power and Light (FPL) are seeking to add two more nuclear power plants on the current Homestead location where two nuclear power plants already exist.
Based on what you have learned so far from this class, discuss the following:
- What problems might these new power plants encounter if they were built in South Florida with a lifespan of 40 years?
- What advantages are there in giving FPL the licenses for these new plants?
- What disadvantages are there in giving FPL the licenses for these new plants?
- What are some other alternatives to the nuclear power plants?
- What precautions would you demand if these power plants were built?
- Given what you know, if you were in a position to approve or disapprove the licenses, what would you vote, and why?
Make sure to:
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 300 words.
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- If you researched your topic and are using information from what you learned, remember to cite your sources.
- Do not plagiarize.
- You will not be able to edit your assignment once you post, so please proofread and spell check before hitting post!
- As part of the assignment, you must also reply to ONE of your classmates with at least 150 words. You will have to POST FIRST to see your classmates’ postings. Make sure your replies are a thoughtful and relevant to what your classmate has posted. Try to build the discussion and keep it going.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.