Ethics case 4
DS 2-3 pages Times new roman 12 pt
Be sure to provide in-text citation(s) and a reference list to support your viewpoints. Please use at least three (3) research sources (not Wikipedia, or fact sheets). Please do so in ALL subsequent submissions.
Delmonico, F. L., Domínguez-Gil, B., Matesanz, R., & Noel, L. (2011). Organ transplantation 1: A call for government accountability to achieve national self-sufficiency in organ donation and transplantation. The Lancet, 378(9800), 1414-8. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/900104741?accountid=14375
Doig, C. & Rocker, G. (2003). Retrieving organs from non-heart-beating organ donors: a review of medical and ethical issues. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia, 50(10), 1069-1076. http://www.springerlink.com/content/xq622m7g54h87301/
Fraser, Kimberly D,R.N., PhD., Estabrooks, Carole,R.N., PhD., Allen, Marion,R.N., PhD., & Strang, Vicki,R.N., PhD. (2010). The relational nature of case manager resource allocation decision making: An illustrated case. Care Management Journals, 11(3), 151-6.
Frunza, M., Frunza, S., Catalin, V. B., & Grad, O. (2010). Altruistic living unrelated organ donation at the crossroads of ethics and religion. a case study. Journal for the Study of Religions and Ideologies, 9(27), 3-24. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/816629192?accountid=14375
Howard, Richard J,M.D., PhD., Cornell, Danielle L,R.N., B.S.N., & Cochran, L. (2012). History of deceased organ donation, transplantation, and organ procurement organizations. Progress in Transplantation, 22(1), 6-16; quiz 17
Miller, F. G., & Truog, R. D. (2008). Rethinking the ethics of VITAL ORGAN DONATIONS. The Hastings Center Report, 38(6), 38-46. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/222366351?accountid=14375
One of the most difficult dilemmas to resolve relates to the allocation of valuable, but scarce resources. Setting standards by which resources are allocated is not an easy task. We hear about patients every day that don’t make it because there aren’t enough organs for those on the list. Please read the article: History of deceased organ donation, transplantation, and organ procurement organizations by Howard, Cornell, and Cochran. After reading the article and doing additional research, please respond to the following questions.
1. Discuss some of the earliest examples of transplantation. Do you think these early experiments made it easier for it to become so commonplace today? What lessons can we learn from the early pioneers?
2. Discuss the process of using organs from deceased patients. What are at least two ethical principles that apply to this process? Be sure to address distributive justice as one of your choices. What are the ethical issues that may arise? What are some instances where the dead donor rule has been violated?
3. Briefly discuss the origins of organ procurement organizations (OPO). What role do they play in organ donations? What ethical issues do you see with these organizations? What are the rules and regulations that govern these organizations?
4. We tend to think of organ transplantation as pertaining to healthcare alone. Provide some examples of how your specific discipline might impact some aspect of organ donation. For example, how might a public health agency impact the process or rules and regulations for organ donation?
Use the information in the modular background readings as well as resources you find through ProQuest or other online sources. Please be sure to cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of the paper. Submit the paper as a WORD document through the link provided for the assignment.
1. Discuss Mr. Krampitz’s case from the perspective of distributive justice and the allocation of scarce resources.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.