PS 440 UNIT 9 Post Apa only
Unit 9: Unit 9: Psychotic Disorders and the Mental Health System – Discussion
Discussions are fundamental to shared learning, so please be sure to participate early and often! After you have completed the Reading, and without reviewing your classmate’s responses, post your initial response to the following Discussion. Your post should be at least 400–450 words in length and should extend the discussion of the group supported by your course materials and/or other appropriate resources. After you have submitted your initial post, review some of your classmate’s posts and respond to at least two of your classmates; your responses to others should be at least 100–150 words in length and substantive. Refer to your Discussion Board Rubric in your Syllabus for specific grading explanation.
Mental Illness and the Impact on Society
For this week’s Discussion, you are to discuss the effects mental illness has on society. To help you prepare with the Assignment, review any of the supplemental sources:
- Lockey, C. J. (2013, February 9). To treat mental illness, we need a more reasonable civil commitment law: Guest opinion. Oregon Live. Retrieved from http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2013/02/to_treat_mental_illness_we_nee.html
- The Editors. (2012, February 23). The neglect of mental illness exacts a huge toll, human and economic. Scientific American. Retrieved from http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=a-neglect-of-mental-illness
- PBS. (2005). Frontline: The new asylums. Retrieved from http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/asylums/view/
Next, locate one credible source from Kaplan Library or the internet about the prevalence of mental illness in the U.S. and the effects it has on society (e.g., criminal behavior, alcohol or drug abuse, negatively impact interpersonal relationships, or homelessness). Use this information to write a letter to your congressperson (without the intention of sending it) to explain the following:
- The magnitude of the problem of mental illness.
- What is being done to improve the situation (such as your state’s programs or organizations).
- How the problem affects a society.
- What steps you believe should be taken to combat the problem and reduce the prevalence of mental illness or the specific problem you chose
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.