trayer bus309 week 3 quiz
Which of the following statements is NOT a criticism of libertarianism?
- a) Property rights can be artificial and inconsistent across different societies.
- b) Free exchange is not always guaranteed if it occurs between individuals who are in positions of unequal power.
- c) Taxation is part of the social contract we make with each other in a society.
- d) Autonomy and self-ownership can be considered moral rights.
John Rawls believed all of the following EXCEPT:
- a) Justice is the first virtue of social institutions.
- b) Inequalities are justified only if they work to the benefit of the least-advantaged group in society.
- c) Taxation is unjust and should be eliminated.
- d) When there is a disparity of wealth, society must protect the poor.
Which of the following theories would best describe a person who believes that happiness is the only good in and of itself?
- a) Utilitarianism
- b) Libertarianism
- c) Rawlsian egalitarianism
- d) None of the above
The difference principle of Rawls’s theory states:
- a) We are all created equal.
- b) Inequalities are only justified if they benefit the least advantaged.
- c) We all deserve the same.
- d) Some do deserve more than others.
The veil of ignorance assures us that people in the “original position” will be:
- a) Difficult to come to agreement
- b) Impartial
- c) Biased
- d) Forgiving
A famous movie star makes a one million dollar donation to a charity aimed at helping victims of domestic violence. In return, he gets a lot of positive publicity as well as the ability to write that donation off on his taxes. This illustrates the principle of:
- a) Social contribution
- b) Merit
- c) Individual need
- d) Personal effort
According to Locke:
- a) Individuals are morally entitled to take other people’s property.
- b) Property is a moral right.
- c) Individuals are not morally entitled to the products of their labor.
- d) Property acquisition is a duty.
Which of the following would support the uneven distribution of wealth for the benefit of the poorest members of society?
- a) A utilitarian
- b) A Rawlsian egalitarian
- c) A libertarian
- d) A capitalist
Which of the following terms relates to the concept that what people have legitimately acquired is theirs to do with as they will?
- a) Property rights
- b) Free market
- c) Equal share
- d) The difference principle
The first principle of Nozick’s entitlement theory concerns the original acquisition of:
- a) Morals
- b) Goods, money, and property
- c) Case law
- d) The crown
The principle of distributive justice that dictates that social benefits and burdens should be distributed equally among all members of a society is known as:
- a) Equal share
- b) Individual need
- c) Social contribution
- d) Personal effort
According to Rawls, no person can be said to deserve his or her natural characteristics, and therefore:
- a) A just society should seek to minimize the benefits and burdens that are associated with these arbitrary differences.
- b) The government should support the idea of a free market.
- c) A just society should place individual liberty as the highest priority.
- d) All of the above
Which of the following philosophers argued that a just society grants rights to all people, including the right to liberty and equal opportunities?
- a) Aristotle
- b) John Locke
- c) John Rawls
- d) John Stuart Mill
An economic market that is without government intervention and regulation is known as a(n):
- a) Open market
- b) Liberty market
- c) Free market
- d) Flexible market
Which of the following statements about Aristotle’s view of justice is true?
- a) Aristotle argued that justice required treating different cases alike.
- b) Aristotle distinguished between justice in the distribution of wealth and justice for wrongdoers.
- c) Aristotle believed only in distributive justice and dismissed the notion of retributive justice.
- d) All of the above
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.