I need this done ASAP please
In order to understand important historical events, it is necessary to examine the original documents associated with such events. Primary sources are original documents that have not been interpreted, altered, analyzed, or evaluated. Examples include letters, diaries, speeches, artifacts, and contemporary newspapers. Secondary sources are interpretations or evaluations that are written after the fact.
In this assignment, use the Internet to examine the following primary sources that helped establish specific English colonies in America:
- “The Mayflower Compact” at http://www.pilgrimhall.org/compact.htm for the colony established in Plymouth, Massachusetts
- “The Pennsylvania Charter of Privileges” at http://www.constitution.org/bcp/penncharpriv.htm for the colony established by William Penn in Pennsylvania
- “A Plea for Religious Liberty” at http://www.constitution.org/bcp/religlib.htm for the colony established by Roger Williams in Rhode Island
Throughout America’s history, religion has played a major part in the formation of its political, cultural, and social identification. Based on all your readings for this module, respond to the following:
- Explain the development of the governments of the first English colonies in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.
- Describe the kind of government that was created in each of the colonies, its attitude towards religion, and other social issues.
- Describe the leadership pattern in each colony and its effect on freedom of speech for both men and women.
- Describe how these colonies exemplified the objectives of the British in colonizing North America in contrast to the objectives of the Spanish and the French.
- Support your positions by citing specific passages from the primary documents that established these colonies.
Write your initial response in a minimum of 300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Saturday, February 13, 2016, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, February 17, 2016, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Consider commenting on the following while reviewing the posts of your fellow classmates:
- An idea that you had not previously considered
- A statement with which you disagree. Cite a primary source document to support your position.
[Penn. W.?]. [ca. 1701]. The Pennsylvania charter of privileges. Archived document, Constitution Society. Retrieved from
Pilgrim Hall Museum. (2005). The Mayflower compact. Retrieved from
[Williams, R.?]. [ca. 1603–83]. A plea for religious liberty. Archived document, Constitution Society. Retrieved from
Grading Criteria and Rubric
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.