nit 7: Unit 7: Approaches to Psychotherapy I – Discussion
Discussions are fundamental to shared learning, so please be sure to participate early and often! After you have completed the Reading, and without reviewing your classmate’s responses, post your initial response to the following Discussion. Your post should be at least 300-350 words in length and should extend the discussion of the group supported by your course materials and/or other appropriate resources. After you have submitted your initial post, review some of your classmates’ posts, and respond to at least 2 of your classmates. Your responses to others should be at least 100 words in length and substantive. Refer to your Discussion Board Rubric in your Syllabus for specific grading explanation.
Psychodynamic Case Scenario
For this activity, watch the video: Psychodynamic Case Scenario. Use the information in the scenario to answer the following questions:
- To what extent does Mallory’s behavior in this interview exemplify transference (see Chapter 12)?
- To what extent does Dr. Santos’ behavior during the session influence your judgment regarding Mallory’s behavior as transference?
- If it is transference, what, exactly, is Mallory transferring? From whom, might you speculate, is she transferring it?
- If it is transference, and Dr. Santos is a psychodynamic psychotherapist, what is an ideal way for Dr. Santos to handle it? What if Dr. Santos was a humanistic psychotherapist, would she handle this situation differently?
- Describe several of the defense mechanisms. (Please select several that have not all been described already by other students if possible.) Do any of those you described seem to be applicable to Mallory? How so?
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]