Unit 8: Unit 8: Approaches to Psychotherapy II – Discussion
Discussions are fundamental to shared learning, so please be sure to participate early and often! After you have completed the Reading, and without reviewing your classmate’s responses, post your initial response to the following Discussion. Your post should be at least 300-350 words in length and should extend the discussion of the group supported by your course materials and/or other appropriate resources. After you have submitted your initial post, review some of your classmates’ posts, and respond to at least 2 of your classmates. Your responses to others should be at least 100 words in length and substantive. Refer to your Discussion Board Rubric in your Syllabus for specific grading explanation.
Cognitive Therapy Scenario
For this activity, watch the video: Cognitive Therapy Scenario.http://extmedia.kaplan.edu/artsSCi/Media/PS380/PS380_1404C/PS380_TD_Scenario2/PS380_TD_Scenario2.html Use the information in the scenario to answer the following questions:
- What are the major assumptions of cognitive therapy? Explain several of its major concepts. Please select one or more concepts that other students have not already defined.
- Which specific cognitive distortions is Angela exemplifying?
- In your opinion, what is the best way for Dr. Collins to alleviate Angela’s anxiety?
- Can you complete a written version of Ellis’ ABCDE model, as Angela might (as instructed by Dr. Collins)?
- What are the major assumptions of behavioral therapy? With regard to Angela, how might a behavioral approach differ from a cognitive approach?
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]