Assignment 2: Dropbox Assignment
Data Interpretation: United States and Nigeria
For your dropbox assignment, using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research and compare the demography and health indicators for Nigeria and the United States.
Note: Click here (http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.POP.DPND) to view the links that you can refer to for research about the demography and health indicators for the United States and Nigeria.
Based on your research, create a 3- to 4-page report in a Microsoft Word document, answering the following questions:
- Compare the annual population growth rate of both countries. What factors do you think are contributing to the differences observed between the two countries?
- Compare the composition of the population of both countries. What does it suggest about each country?
- Compare the dependency ratio of both countries. What does it suggest about each country?
- Compare the mortality rates of both countries. Which age groups do you think are the most affected in each country? Is there a gender difference in mortality rates? Why or why not? In your opinion, what are the factors that might contribute to the differences in mortality rates of both countries?
- Which age group is benefiting the most from healthcare interventions in each country?
- What does the life expectancy at birth and at sixty years tell you about each country?
- If you were a public health official looking at these data for the first time, what questions and assumptions might come up that you would want to further investigate?
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
Name your document SU_HCM2001_W2_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Submit your document to the W2 Assignment 2 Dropbox by Tuesday, January 5, 2016.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Analyzed the factors that contributed towards the difference in annual population growth rate observed between Nigeria and the United States.||
|Drawn conclusions about the health status of both the countries on the basis of composition of the population, dependency ratio, and mortality rates.||
|Analyzed the age group that is benefiting the most from healthcare interventions in each country.||
|Provided judgments about each country on the basis of expectancy at birth and at sixty years.||
|Summarized the questions and assumptions that might come up for further investigation as a public health official.||
|Used correct spelling, grammar, and professional vocabulary. Cited all sources using correct APA format.||
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]